About The Fox and Treaty Four

Thursday, October 10, 2013

This Year Was Different





I have been going to Treaty Four, for as long as I can remember, and every year is different. I go to learn more about myself and my culture, to hear the drums and see the dancers, all the colors is really a joy. This year was different. There were more teepees and more activities in each teepee. You learn something new. Everyone is different. There were relay races and a fire where you could cook bannock on a stick. There were lots of good powwow food and people to interview. The first time I went to Treaty Four I was so excited; I remember sitting near the drums and watching the dancers with amazement in my eyes makes. It makes me very proud of who I am and my culture. 

By Caitlynn Poitras

No comments:

Post a Comment