About The Fox and Treaty Four

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

CTV, Howie the Emcee and Food


 
My experience at Treaty 4 was AWESOME!!  It was honestly wayyy better than I expected. Going through journalist boot camp was... interesting. I don’t really expect myself to become a journalist but it was very enjoyable.
Danica and I planned on interviewing the head organizer of the Treaty Four Gathering, but when we called they told us it was Spears Funeral Home! So when we got to the grounds on Wednesday we had to come up with a new plan and fast!! So we chose to interview the emcee Howie Thomson, (and that’s WITHOUT a P.) His interview was honestly so inspiring. He had so many amazing stories and true, genuine words. He explained the Victory song to us and tears were in his eyes. He is such a real person. Howie told us that we’re the only white people he has told about the Victory song. That was a tied first for my favorite part of the day!
My other favorite part of my day was... DOING AN INTERVIEW FOR CTV NEWS. I was on the CTV news at 6 and it was actually so fun! I was crazy nervous but Creeson Agecoutay assured me I’d do fine and made me feel very comfortable. I apparently did a good job!
Oh my gosh, the shaved ice there was SO good! My favorite food there! I got cherry flavor every time (which was 3) but I tasted the pina colada and it was so good. They were so juicy and smooth!
Well that’s all, till next time!
Ashlie Regel
P.S. Watch for my article about Howie Thomson early next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment