About The Fox and Treaty Four

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hill Top Highlight


Treaty four was an interesting day, filled with learning and laughter. But I want to tell you about my favorite part of the day.

My favorite part of the day wasn’t watching the dancers or doing the interview. My favorite part of the day was being with my friends on top of the hill. We originally went up the hill to kill some time, having finished our interviews, but climbing the hill proved much more work than we had anticipated.
Once we got to the top it was nice. It was just the four of us, Bethany, Shaudai, Alyssa and me. It was quiet compared to walking around the grounds with all the noise and distractions. We ended up just sitting around and talking. We managed to get some great pictures while sitting up there. The site was beautiful; from the top you could see the grounds and all the little ant-like people. You could see the gathered tipis and flags. We spent so much time up there that we were almost late for the bus. That was definitely the highlight of my day.
by Courtney


1 comment:

  1. Courtney, thank you for your story, it took me back in time.
    Hill tops of Fort Qu'Appelle is just magical.
    13 years ago, I came from Japan with ambition but I was worried of being away from family and friends.
    Mr and Mrs. Q. took me to the hill top for the first time (a day after the arrival), I stood there in peace, with endless sky, tall grass singing in the fall wind... it made me feel that I returned to home and everything is going to be fine. And it did.

    ReplyDelete