About The Fox and Treaty Four

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

With My Friends at T4


Being at T4 with my friends as journalist was the best time I have ever had at T4.  We learned new things, met new people, and tasted new food.

Logan and I talked to Trev Mann, a local who tans the hides at T4.  He taught us, along with Bernadette, an elder from up north, that tanning a hide is a long process, but well worth the wait. The food at T4 was so incredible we couldn’t get enough of it! The shaved ice and cotton candy was just the right thing to satisfy our sweet tooth. Almost everyone enjoyed a bannock burger from Minnies!

Some of my friends hiked up to the top of the hills to see T4 from an above view.  I heard it was quite the hike, but a beautiful scene once you got up there. 

Being a journalist at T4 gives us a whole new perspective on the event. It gives us a behind the scenes look on what’s happening around us, from the announcers to the food to the dances. Being a journalist is a great experience and helps us understand how much work goes into putting this celebration together. I know that all my friends and I enjoyed every bit of it!

Stay tuned for my article on Tanning Hides with Trev Mann early next week.

-Megan Degelman

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment